Sunday, September 14, 2008

New Carseat and Mooncake Festival






We finally bought Colin the forward facing carseat. He's been complaining (screaming) whenever we put him in the infant carseat (apparently he thinks he's not a baby anymore). So, we went to Toys R us and got him an Eddie Bauer Deluxe carseat. He seemed to like it, but after awhile, he faked crying. He's such a faker.

I have so many stories to tell about him.. When we were on the road trip, I entertained Ava by singing and one of the song is Old Macdonald, and therefore we're doing a lot of animal noises. One of the animal noises we did was COW. And, Colin liked it and started to mimic us. He said," OOO OOOO OOOO" instead of "MOO". Then, I caught him tilting his head backward and pursing his lips forward when he said it. It's SOOOOO cute and funny.. So, now i've been asking him.. how does cow sound like?? and then I'll go "moo moo" and he'll follow suit with his "ooo ooo".. :)

Another thing that he likes to do is throwing tantrum by leaning forward on the floor while fake crying. He looked like an actor who's playing the weakling part or the one who's been bullied. It's so funny. Everytime he did it, it just cracked me up. He must be thinking his mom is so cruel, instead of holding him and comforting him, she just laughed at him..hahahahahaha

He also likes the game of "stop and go".. He will crawl and then stop and turn back to look at me to see if I'm following him or chasing him.. If I pretend that I'll chase him, he'll laugh and then crawl faster, or sometimes he'll laugh and then crawl towards me so it seems like he's chasing me. Then, I'll run and he will laugh even louder.

Ok, enough about Colin. Tonight we're having a BBQ Mooncake Festival in our backyard. Sharon organized this event and had asked to borrow my backyard/house and my BBQ to hold this event. I said yes if she helped me decorate and clean up. So, she has invited Serene, Lian, and Carolyn. Meg and Elisa couldn't make it because of work and sickness. Everybody brought food and the kids were running around playing at the backyard. The yellow sand digger was a big hit with the boys (and a big baby.. hahaha sorry Serene!!). Simon's BBQ skill has also improved. The chicken wings were very good. Not as burnt as last time (where I had to eat almost all of them). We also had steak, corn, zuccini, tomatoes, fishballs, and sweet potatoes. It was a lot. Carolyn brought triffle and it's so delicious. Lian made her own homemade bread rolls (cornmeal and whole wheat), and also "Bak Tong Gou" (a kind of chinese cake.. so yummy). She's the domestic goddess.. she made everything from scratch.. bless her.. :)

After eating and playing outdoor, we put out the bouncy castle for the kids. Of course.. another big hit for the kids (and Edwin.. hahahahaha.. sorry Serene, but he's just too funny). It's a sure way to tire the kids out. Pretty sure everyone's children had a good sleep at night.

3 comments:

rene said...

THANK YOU to the wonderful hosts! We had a great time. Excellent BBQ! I am so glad we managed to do a BBQ before the weather turns cold!

w said...

yo i dun have to work this Sat, so..... want to BBQ again??

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be Asian and come to the Mooncake festival the food looks awesome.