Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ava's First Day of Pre-school


This morning Ava woke up at 5am claiming she wanted to pee. I brought her to the bathroom but NADA.. i think she just wanted to get out of bed, so I put her back in. Then she woke up again at 7am. Today is her first day of pre-school and I was so excited and anxious at the same time. I didn't know how she would react to being left in the school by herself (I was there though for the first day.. so she wouldn't be alone.. I was just hiding outside and peeking through the small window on the door). I dressed her, prepared her 4x6 picture and then brought her water and off we went. Her pre-school is at the Thompson Community Center. We got there on 8:45am. I had to fill out some paperworks and then waited outside. I told Ava that I'll pick her up in a little bit and she should stay there and play. She said "OTAY". So I left (the room). She walked and sat down at one of the table by herself and started playing with the crayons. She just sat there and not socializing with other kids. I was afraid that she won't play in groups.

After awhile, the teacher, Miss Kathy, had everyone in a circle and the started to sing that Bumblebee song.. I think it went like this "tickly tickly bumblebee, can you say your name for me.. Ava, Ava.. that's a very nice name".. (We sang this song also during our stroller workout, I wonder if she remembers). I didn't know if she actually said her name, but the teacher was pausing in front of her for quite a while.. hehehehe

After the circle time, they went outside and played at the gated playground. Ava loves playground so I bet she had a very nice time. Tried to take some pictures there, but probably didn't get a good one. After the playground, everyone was leaning against the gate and saying bye bye (I think..). She saw me then and ran towards me yelling "mama, mama".. ooohhh, what a nice gesture and view (from me).. :)
I asked her if she wanted to come to school again next time and she said"yes". YOOHOO!!! one down, one more to go!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

seems like she's adjusting well on her first day. what a good girl! :)

Elisa said...

aw---the day that I would be very excited about.

Ava is so adorable... she has grown up for sure. very good girl

Susan said...

hooray!! so glad she likes school! nice break for mom too!

Unknown said...

such a good girl!!