I felt so tired when I woke up this morning.. why???
That's because Colin was waking up like every hour last night. Ok, I fed him around 10:30pm and then he went to sleep, then he woke up around 2:30 for feeding (which was fine).. but then, he woke up again at 3:30, 4:30, 6:30.. i was like.. "what the hell???".. I don't know what's wrong with him b/c I noticed that recently, when I fed him.. he looked like he's drowning in milk.. he always chokes.. I told him "hey there, drink slowly, nobody is going to take the milk away from you, you're my one and only customer".. but still he kept on choking. I felt like he's rushing when he's drinking. Yeah, I know he has a lot of people to see and socialize with (as if)..
Anyway, aside from my lack of sleep.. I woke up to a hysterical little girl. Ava was crying and crying. I think she knows now that she can get "stuff" if she cries hard enough (blame Simon for this). She was whining so much that I want to slap her (but I didn't of course). However, when she was being too unbearable, I did take out "the hand" and I slapped it to the floor and then asked her, "do you want to get slapped"? she shook her head (and kinda stopped crying for a little bit). Then I said " then enough with these crying.. if you want something, ask for it nicely, don't cry". Of course... it's not like she understands completely what I said, so she kept on crying. Finally, I took her with me to her room, and face her to the corner. I said go sit at the corner, time out, do not look at me until you stop crying. She kept on going and going... and I kept on facing her to the wall. So finally, she said "mee mee" .. and I said, " you want noodle??" and she nodded. So i said ok, but no more crying.. and finally she stopped. So, I told her, see, if you asked or said it nicely, I can give you what you want.
It's so hard being a mom....
P.S. A lot of you probably are curious about "the hand".. I'll take pic and update it tomorrow.. hehehehehe
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That thing with Colin sounds like overactive letdown... Terri told me about it when Cheryl had the same problem. Call Terri. No one should suffer alone.
Could it be a growth spurt for Colin?
Colin is growing.... and like Serene said, growth spurt perhaps.
I was wondering what year people start with the 'time out', and WOW you already applying that for Xuan? Yeah, sometime, we just have to do whatever it needs to be done, i guess.
Post a Comment