Saturday, June 21, 2008

Strawberry Festival and Feast












We went to the Westham Island Winery Strawberry's Festival. The festival started at 10am and we got there right at 10am. A lot of the crafts were not open yet. I went to the winery and tried some fruit's wine (yes.. at 10am.. hahaha). I tried their strawberry rhubarb wine, apple wine, plum dessert wine, raspberry and black currant dessert wine. I didn't like the last 2, so I bought the strawberry rhubarb, blueberry, blackberry and the plum dessert wine. :)

Ava was so fascinated by the kittens there, she stayed in front of their cage for the longest time (the whole time I was drinking...I mean sampling the wine inside).
We had to use "strawberry picking time" to get her to walk away from the kittens. So, we went and got 2 buckets for our strawberry picking. She was running around and picking the strawberry. I had a couple of "mis-pick" where miss Ava there picked the green strawberry. I had to keep telling her, "No.. Not the green ones, pick the red ones.. yeah RED, BIG STRAWBERRY". She finally got it right. She had so much fun running, holding her bucket, squatting and picking the strawberries. Colin also took part in picking (with me).

Elisa and the gang came when we're picking and we joined forces. :)

After the strawberry festival, we all went to eat lunch (dim sum) at the Red star restaurant. They have 1 restaurant at granville st, but recently added another one on the 2nd floor of T&T Supermarket. We're pretty disappointed with the food. It was not as good as the granville branch.

Put Ava and Colin to nap after we got back, then Simon and I went out to see some open houses (yes, this is our past-time). We got a call from Huilee around 4pm saying that Ava was playing with her poops again. GOD!!.. We rushed home and lo behold, we have a poop painting on the wall and some on the carpet (I need a new carpet!!). I took Ava to bath and Simon cleaned her room. I was so mad at her, and I kept yelling at her saying NO.. You DON'T PLAY with POOPS!! I didn't know if she understood me or not. She wanted Simon to hold her after her shower, but since he was still cleaning, I told her NO. She cried and cried and cried and asking for her daddy.

I don't know what to do anymore. It seemed like she only did this when we went out. If we're home, she's usually very clean. After the whole ordeal of telling her no, and her crying for her daddy, she was back to her usual happy and mischief self again.. GGRRRRR

No comments: