Monday, June 23, 2008

Just call me Martha!!!




I don't know how I'm going to continue doing my stroller workouts because Colin was crying the whole time when we went this morning. Maybe what I'll do next time is to go to the class, and when he started crying, I'll just walk ahead of everyone and try to get him to sleep, because I think that's why he was crying.

So, I whipped up these food for lunch today. I fried some eggs with mushrooms and dried radish, and made some salad. I didn't had any rice at all today.. hehehe am trying to cut down on my carbs consumptions.

Then, for dinner, I made the Five Spiced Chicken Wings, recipe courtesy of Dave Liebermann in the Food Network Book I borrowed from the library. So, I bought 4 lbs of chicken wings on Sunday, then I marinated the wings in Chinese five spiced. I substituted the Cayenne pepper from the recipe with Paprika. Then, I made my creamy cilantro sauce.
Tracey called and asked if I want to go out for dinner, so I invited her over for dinner instead. I'm a bit nervous because I don't know if she'll like my cookings. :) I added herbs potato and mushrooms, and also corns and salad to dinner.
I thought it was pretty good.. :)

Huilee made Carrot Cake today and it was really good. It was not the typical carrot cake's texture which is like banana bread. This one melted in your mouth.. VERY GOOD!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YUM-O

Sharon said...

Hi Martha

Your 5 spice chicken looks yummy.
Can I have recipe??
BTW, why Simon is always complaining about eating out? I think you are doing very good on your cooking.

Unknown said...

yeah chicken wings look good. does it taste good too?

Mum's The Word said...

wei: of course it tasted good.. :)