Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Battle of Rice Cooker


I've been wanting a new rice cooker for quite a while. We have an "oster" brand rice cooker right now. It's probably been with us for almost 8 years at least. I can't even see the measurement anymore. Anyway, I've been wanting to get those computerized rice cooker. So we went around to check prices. We went to Aberdeen center and Yaohan center on the weekend, and today we went to lansdown mall. The store clerk were pretty helpful in explaining the use and difference of a couple of different brand rice cooker. I like "zojirushi" brand the best b/c I think they are well-known and have always been a good brand.

So, after the clerk's explanation, I think it's better to buy the 5 cup cooker, but Simon, who is always afraid that guests who come here to visit didn't get enough rice wanted a 10 cup cooker. The clerk explained that it's better to cook a full cup. If we usually only cook 3 cups and lasted for 2 days, then it's better to get the 5 cup cooker.

Then, we saw these 2 different zojirushi brand rice cooker. One (the white one) is their good one (kinda like bmw in cars). The other one is the induction heating(the stainless steel one), which is higher grade (kinda like rolls royce of rice cooker). Simon was interested in the higher grade one of course being that he's a MAN. I don't really care actually. Either one is good for me, but I want to get a 5 cup, I don't want a 10 cup. So if Simon is reading this.. I WANT THE 5 CUP RICE COOKER!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Darwin Muljono said...

The white one looks really cute and the stainless one looks really high-end. oh yeah, which one's more expensive, BWM or Rolls Royce?

Unknown said...

I think Rolls Royce is more expensive. Yeah, my boss is also using the elephant bran (his wife is japanese).. Heard it is a very good brand. Personally I like mine smaller.. if guests come, you can always cook twice?? I dunno..

simon said...

hahaha... trying to get some support here huh?.. think about it, what if we have guests coming and we dun hav enuf rice? tat will be so :-( huh? ... nowadays, a small family also get a minivan or SUV, and why?....

Mum's The Word said...

5 cup cooker can give you 10 bowl of rice.. think about it.. how many guests do you think can come?? and worse comes worse, can always use the old cooker to cook more rice. Talking to simon is like banging my head to the wall. I don't eat that many rice and huilee doesn't either. So.. why buy such a big rice cooker for? Do you see me buying minivan????

Unknown said...

hahaha... i think i have the elephant brand? i think my water cooker is the elephant brand and rice cooker is tiger? not sure... but mine look exactly like the white one, i bought it in taiwan... and it's a 5-cup one... it's enough for everybody here... we have 7 people in the house right now...