Friday, August 31, 2007

Watermaniacs!!!

















Today I went to see my doctor for my regular checkups.
He asked "How did you manage to gain 5 lbs in 20 day??"
I said "I don't know. I only eat fruits". (wondering if i can fool him)

He asked " Did you eat rice?"
I said " I ate sushi last week" (actually, I ate sushi last week AND yesterday)

He asked "What about Spaghetti? Potato? Noodle? Ice cream?"
I said " only a little bit of each" (actually, when he asked me, all I can think of was: lots of spaghetti, fries, mee goreng, my skinny cow chocolate fudge popsicle)
He asked " Do you still do exercise?"
I said "Yeah, I'm very active. After this, I'm going to watermania with Ava" (I am active!!)

I asked "Can I still exercise this September?"
He said "Of course"

I asked "Maybe I retain a lot of water this time. I think my feet are swollen!!" (still trying to fool him)
He said "That's possible" (WOW.. did I really fool him???)
He added "But 5 lbs in 20 days is still too much Elly" (Darn.. !!)

So, after seeing my doc, I went to Watermania (I ate 2 slices of wheat bread, my breakfast. on my way there.. haha). Met Elisa (and Viola), Sharon (and Annabelle) and Meg (and Miwa) there. It was pretty fun, but quite crowded. There seemed to be a Summer camp sort of things going on. Last week for Summer, next week, schools are starting again. Sharon took some pictures of everyone and emailed to us. She's very nice. Everyone was impressed with Ava b/c she's taking shower herself (I just applied the body wash for her.. hehe).

We went to "Old Spaghetti Factory" for lunch. I ordered a children's spaghetti dinner with meatballs and meat sauce for Ava with salad and milk. I myself ordered an appetizer of Popcorn shrimp (maybe I feel a bit guilty after my doc's appt). She was so messy eating the spaghetti, luckily I brought her rubber bib. Helped a little bit.

Ava had a late nap today because of all the excitement. We then went to eat at the Taiwanese Beef Noodle place. She was eating the seaweed kelp and getting some "moustache".. haha. She loves her noodles of course. I ordered a "ja jang mian" but I waited for so long and didn't arrive. So I finally cancel the order. Was pretty pissed and hungry. So, I ended up not eating dinner today. Who knows, maybe I'll be lighter tomorrow. hahaha

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't un...

How can ppl get pregnant more than once? I tot it's very painful to give birth.. not to mention all 9 months of torture.. but still ppl do it again and again.. hmm..

Btw, do you have your doc's email? I'm soooo sending your blog url to him... LOL..

Mum's The Word said...

Sorry.. he doesn't have an email.. wek

Unknown said...

darn the noodle ava ate actually looked delicious. I love the wide noodles... darn it makes me hungry to see the pic everytime.