Sunday, August 19, 2007

Chefs to the Field
















This morning, we went to eat breakfast at Starbucks @ Steveston. I ordered a chocolate croissant, and they warmed it up for me. It was so yummy. I can eat chocolate croissant everyday. It was a bit rainy, and we're afraid that it'll spoil the "Chefs at the Field" event that's going on in Terra Nova. Went home, and Simon and Ava played a little bit of Wii.

We left home at 11 for the event. Luckily it was not bad, the weather. I was afraid that if it rains, we won't be able to enjoy the food and the community garden. We bought 6 tickets, $3 each, to sample 6 different kinds of foods from 9 different restaurants.

I took a bunch of pictures of the veggies and flowers planted in the community garden. If you notice the picture I put on, in the middle of the compilation of veggies and flowers pictures, there's a huge eggplant. Clad in purple and green, Ava does look like a huge and cute eggplant.. hahahahaha.
After the event, we went home and Ava took a nap. For dinner, we went to the Macdonalds near the airport. Simon and Ava was waving and looking at the taking off of airplanes and wishing the passengers bon voyage.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what are those dishes? one of them look like a huge chunk of carrot??

What't the middle one? the one with meat on the biscuit?

I ate half a loaf of garlic bread yesterday. I thought I was gonna suffocate and die. And at night I didn't have anything to eat, so I was going to cook myself some instant noodles. I had to throw away the whole thing coz there was a worm inside the instant noodle. Luckily it caught my eyes.. it's too gross to even describe it. YUCK.

I ended up eating roti marie for dinner.. (T_T).I ran out of rice.. hmm..

Mum's The Word said...

That's not a huge chunk of carrot. it's smoked salmon. The middle one is tomatoes and a bit of bacon.

Worm inside instant noodle?? ewww.. that's scary.

Unknown said...

I know.. so ewww right??

cool.. smoked salmon.. I think I ate a few centimeters of those before coz I really am not convinced that smoked = cooked.. and I don't wanna eat raw meat.

Tomatoes and bacon sounds yummy. Actually, I like almost anything with bacon. Scallop wrapped with bacon.. so yummy.......

Unknown said...

what brand is that instant noodles??? i'll try to avoid it...