








And you think I was silly for thinking those silly thoughts.. GUESS WHAT???? A bear was seen coming down to Tara's campsite at 6am. Now, who's the silly one???
I was freaking out when I heard that from Lynda. We're hanging in the lake and chatting and I found out about our "bear friend".
Everything was honky dory in the morning when we're finally up. I went and made scrambled eggs to eat with bread and Sharon fried up some hash browns. We're getting ready to eat and then go to the lake. Everyone was feeling light and happy.
So, we went and saw Kathy, Becky, Lynda and Jessica already there. Ava was so excited. She actually went into the lake and played with the waterguns I brought. I bought a float of Colin and was trying to blow it up (forgot to bring the hand pump). So, while I was orally distributing air into Colin's float. Ava was playing with Taran and Annabelle was playing with the muddy sand.
Then, when I went into the water and gathered round the ladies I heard the bear news. It was so shocking. I was so glad that the bear didn't come to our site and ransacked our food. Because our food seemed to smell quite good.
Ava was having a blast at the lake and of course refused to come out when it was time for lunch. I basically had to drag her and hold her while she screamed the whole way out. We went back t our tent and cooked instant noodles.
Sharon and Stephen went to walmart with Annabelle and Colin took his nap. Ava was running around but finally fell asleep on Simon's arm. I found this opportunity to take a shower and then shot some pictures around the campsite.
By this time, we have more people coming and going. Anne Louise, Herjit, Kathy left. Lynda moved her tent closer to Tara's. Becky's decided to leave also. Samantha and Melanie came.
After a long nap for Colin and Ava, they were up and then ready for dinner. Simon took over the grill tonight. He grilled more fish and pork balls. He grilled Salmon, BBQ pork ribs, more chickens and corns.
Simon's obsessed by building fire. He started doing it last night, then this morning, and right away again after dinner. He looked so happy building the fire.. He was going to do it primitively at first.. he said he'll go collect some woods ( Sheila pointed out to us that we can buy the woods from the ranger station), then he wants to light the fire using 2 rocks. I told him GOOD LUCK.
So, after my bear story today, he finally put the cooler with food into the car. I guess it takes a bear passing thru Tara's campsite for him to finally listen to me. Colin and Ava slept so well tonight. I put Colin to sleep first and he slept right away after milk. Ava was out with the grown-ups and chatting around the fire. She finally showed sign of sleepiness then we decided to go to air mattress. No noise tonight. Everything was so peaceful and quiet. Colin woke up occasionally, but patting him back to sleep worked.
No comments:
Post a Comment