Friday, August 8, 2008

888




So.. today is Aug 8, 08. That's triple eights, and according to chinese, it means wealth, prosperity and fortune. I read that a lot of weddings are going to take place today, not only for chinese, but for anyone b/c it's so easy to remember (esp for the groom.. will have no excuse to forget an anniversary.. hahaha)
Then I remembered that Olympics games started today, and I was like.."AHHHH, that's why!!". Sometimes I feel that my mind is going in slow motions.. I'm so slow now it's not even funny. My brain's not functioning properly.
I wish that I could watch the opening ceremony, but Alas, it seemed like my TV's only turned in 1 channel, and that's the "treehouse" channel. Go figure!!
So, I missed the opening ceremony completely, instead, I feasted my eyes on "Hi5", "word world", "the magic school bus", "Harry and his dinosaurs", etc".

I went to meet with my insurance agent to sign some paperworks. Her office was above Chapter's. So Simon and the kids were waiting for me in Chapter's. I went in there and then tried to find a book called "The Kingdom of Strange". I met Shula Klinger, the author, when I went swimming at Sharon's clubhouse. She told me about her book, and I'm intriqued to find out and read the book. I have 2 more books to finish though before I started on this one. And I saw that there's only 1 book left on the shelves.. hurray for Shula!!! Now her book can be considered "out of stock" since I grabbed the last one.. :) I can't wait to read it.

Went to Costco with Simon to pick up some meats for the BBQ tomorrow. Ava was adamant in putting Colin beside her in the cart. It was so cute. She kept wanting to hug Colin, but Colin didn't like it (maybe because she was squeezing too hard).

So, I emailed Shula and told her about the good news (her book being "out of stock"), and I kinda revealed that I love writing and have been writing a blog (kicking myself after sending the email, what if Shula wanted to see my blog??? I'll be so terrified since she's a writer. I already told Becky, another writer, about my blog.. what if a whole bunch community of writers read my blog and got together and use it as a critic material on "what not to do when writing".. aaarrrgggghhhh.. ok.. stop Elly!!! don't overestimate yourself.. you only have 1 fan anyway.. thanks tracey.. hehehehehe) Nothing of this sort will happen.. so just calm down and get on!! (sigh with relief, and smiling at self for being a worrywart (is this right?))

P.S. Just so everyone knows.. we're ok now. Done with silence treatment on both sides. :)

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I have to say you are super good at socializing. That was not my first time met Shula and I can’t even pronounce her name or spell her name.
Look at you, first time met, you know her name, her book and even have her email address.
Girl you go !!!

Sharon said...

By the way, I forgot to say, I am one of your FAN too. Love reading your blog + pictures. My soul of the day
Keep updating every day please