I can't believe that we're at the stage where we have to spell things out already. And how did they learn so fast????? We've only been to Mcdonalds a couple of times but Ava already knows how to say "fries" and that's her fav now. Simon and I can't say fries in front of her anymore.. we have to spell it out.. He said this to me the other day" Do you think she wants F-R-I-E-S later??"
I mean.. Come on!!! Ever since these little people come to our lives, I feel that we've changed into the following:
1. We had to tiptoe around the house when they sleep (felt like thieves sometimes haha)
2. We had to stop all the cursing b/c we don't want them to get our "bad habits" haha
3. We can basically sing all the Poohs and Strawberry Shortcake songs now
4. We've spent way too much money on their clothes which they only wear a handful of times
5. Since Colin, Simon and I have this barrier in between us when we sleep ("this barrier" can kick!! and boy, can he kick!!! my poor back.. for some reason he only kicks me!!)
There should be more.. but I can't think of any right now.. (there you go!! mommy brain!!)
I've also learned to sleep with 1 eye open (don't look at me when I sleep, you'll get a heart attack.. hahahaha I look like "mikey" from monster, inc. when he's awake haha)
Anyway, the happier side of things that we get from these little people are:
1. Their smiles melt the heart (I'm like melted ice cream now)
2. When they call you mama or papa, it's like music to the ears
3. When they goof around or copying everything you do.. you feel like you have a mini me.. haha
Of course there are many more happy things.. but again my mommy brain gets the best of me.. hahaha I forgot my name sometimes.. :)
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Don't forget that you can almost never be alone. I call Owen my "tiny stalker" (I usually sing it at him to the tune of "Tiny Dancer"). Also, when you make plans it never fails that they alter their schedule for that day.
But I wouldn't trade him for the world.
I forgot to mention that when I was really little my Mom was trying to tell someone what we were having for dessert without me knowing and spelled it out. However, since I was a latchkey kid who watched a fair amount of T.V. I knew right away what J-E-L-L-O was and yelled it out!
hahhaha i dont know u have habit of cursing anyway,... hahah
that, i have to watch out!
talking about mimicking people, your bro taught tyler something really funny last night. We couldn't stop laughing as tyler followed his doing some goofy poses. You gotta ask ercie to upload the pic.. I was laughing until my stomach hurt..
Post a Comment