Monday, February 4, 2008

Pineapple Tarts Bake-Off


Elisa invited us to go to her house for pineapple tarts bake off today. Lian suggested the event and decided to do it at Elisa's house. After the workout in the morning, I quickly went home, showered, fed Ava and Colin and myself. Then, put Ava to bed before heading out to Elisa's house with Colin. Got there early, Elisa and Lian and Meg and Serene were still having lunch at Hi-Genki. I waited for a little while and Colin started to scream (like usual) haha

It was so fun to see everyone again especially the little ones. Serene looks good at 5 months.. go go go mama!! After chitchatting for awhile, we finally made it to the kitchen. Lian started intructing and doing all the work while other moms tended to their babies and drinking apple juice haha.. I really want to help but Colin didn't let me. He wanted me to sling him at all time.
I tried to help as much as I can.. I want to apologize to all the ladies because I was not a big help.
I must say that Lian is really good at baking. She seems to know so many different recipes. I like the molds she has. I might try to ask someone to get it for me from Singapore. The pineapple tarts were delicious. Thanks Elisa for giving me the first batch of the tarts.

We baked until around 4:30. I had to go home b/c I have another baby waiting for me to cook for her.. haha.
Luckily I prepared the chicken already before I left, so all I need to do was hand-shredded it and cooked my favourite "chicken noodle" aka "mie ayam kumango" hahahaha

Saw "Fantastic 4" on TV at night before dozing off.

1 comment:

rene said...

I am one of those who completely change and put on tens of pounds when i am preggie. My face bloats up, my eyes shrink and every part of me just balloon! I really admire those who maintain their physique (other than a growing belly). Can't wait to get over the preggie state again..but a lil nervous about the handling of 2 babes!