Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 3: Life as a Single Parent (LASP)

So, this morning all hell broke loose..
Ava was being very very very difficult.

She:
1. Woke up super early.
2. Refused to answer me when I asked her if she wanted me to change her diaper, so I just went back to bed.
3. Still refused to answer me even after i changed Colin's diaper and headed downstairs. At the 3rd attempt, she finalled nodded.
4. Refused all the clothes I picked for her to change but when asked her to choose it herself, she didn't answer.
5. 3rd attempt of heading downstairs finally she said "mama choose, mama choose" while screaming and crying.
6. On top of the stairs and wanted me to bring her downstairs. I told both to go down themselves but since afraid Colin might fall and break his neck, I brought him down with me. Ava screamed and cried again and I ignored her all the while.
7. Came down and usually she takes her milk on the blue sofa, so I put Colin on the red sofa, but since today's one of her off day, she started screaming again saying she wanted to sit on the red sofa (because it's her favourite) and Colin likes blue sofa. I ignored her again and she was screaming and crying again.
8. Colin finished with his milk and Ava's still crying and screaming. I told her to choose where she wanted to sit since both sofas are empty, and she told me she wanted to sit on the floor. (all the excuses she came up with.. OMG)
9. Finally had to use my ruler to threaten her (didn't hit.. don't panic). She finally went to sit on the red sofa.

After she's done with her milk, suddenly she was smiling and chatting me up. I was like "HUH???? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??? WHY IS SHE SO HORMONAL????" (This was all in my head of course, while I smiled and tried not to grind my teeth).


So, I decided to (I had no idea what came over me) bring the kids with me to superstore because I needed to get diapers for Colin. Everything went smoothly at the superstore and I tried to push my luck a little bit further by attempting lunch with them by myself. We went to Ginger and Garlic. Everything was honky dory until Colin started screaming, at everything and everyone. He's like a mad dog.. "barking" at everyone who looked at him. I might have been getting some evil eyes from the restaurant's patrons, but I DON'T CARE!!!
So, finally they settled down and finished their meal. We stopped by next door to get some bread and then HOME.


Put Colin down for nap and then I also took a cat nap on the sofa while Ava's watching TV.
After Colin's up from nap, we went out to the garden (yes, I braved the insects bites for my kids) and blew some bubbles.


Dinner time was hellish again. Ava was pretending to sleep and then wanted me to feed her. I left Colin on his own accord on feeding himself. When I went to check on him, basically I had a floor of eggs and rice and veggies and then when I tried to push him away from the table, he managed to drag the plate with him and therefore dropped the plate with rice on the floor. I almost tore my hair out by then. Had no choice but to take him down from the chair and tried to clean him up.

After dinner and after my series is done, we played some songs on the laptop and Ava was dancing. Apparently Colin didn't like kids songs. He didn't like the wiggles songs that were playing, instead he wanted me to turn on Britney spears's circus. WOW!!!!..

Put the kids to bed and then I cleaned and mopped the kitchen, put away the dirty dishes, cleared toys off floor and mopped the family room's floor. After all these were done, I popped in my "biggest loser workout: Weight loss yoga" DVD and did a 35 min yoga. It was pretty good. I actually sweated a bit.

2 comments:

rene said...

You are SO amazing! I really have to learn from you to fix things up myself too since Mr. Contractor husband is too busy to fix anything in the house!! I laughed so hard at the "hormonal" expression hahahahah! The photos of them having a tug-a-chair is hilarious. I sometimes find Lucas & Linus very funny when they start their tussle too :)

Unknown said...

after all that, u still had the energy to do yoga... WOW!!!