Sunday, June 14, 2009

Capoeira Brazillian Martial Arts Dance



I waited for this day for almost a month already. I finally got to do the Capoeira. Yyoga was having their Spring into Summer festival and they have a bunch of events, workshops and special classes. Mike's doing this capoeira class and i already signed up for it. I purposely skipped the morning hot yoga so Simon won't get pissed when i go to my special class.

Got there around 4pm. I got my face painted (by Irene) and then Mike started the class around 4:45pm. Steve, Elaine, Brenda and Jays were there too. We started with the basics. The terms were Jinga, Buzz, etc (spelling needed checking). It was so much fun. I laughed so much (esp at Jays) and had tons of fun. The whole dance were such a workout and I was sweating 10 minutes into the class. The capoeira movement were big and we all had to stand 2 arms lengthwise. It was definitely an hour of great fun. I hope Alex will put this class in as a regular class.

After class, we took some pictures and i got my picture taken with Mike.. woohoo.. hahaha

Simon left at 11:15 pm for Singapore and Malaysia. I'll start my day tomorrow as a single parent for at least 10 days. We'll see how it goes.. :) Will report back tomorrow..

1 comment:

rene said...

Looks sooo fun!! I wish they open a branch here in the tri-cities..