Friday, November 21, 2008

Meals for moms



I started my prep work for dinner since last night. I baked my cupcakes already. I also did the whole cut and dice last night. I also went this morning to ikea to get more Mammut chairs for the kids tonight. I took the kids to eat at the restaurant but since the line was too narrow, I can't push my cart with me, so I parked them on the side and Colin started to scream and then someone was asking Colin and Ava "where's your mom??". I had to run to them and said I'm here, I just need to pay for my food.

After putting the kids to nap, I started to cook.
My menu for dinner was:
Appetizer:
- Tokyo Salmon Tartare with Sweet Potato and Yam Fries
Entre:
- Chicken basted in Ginger and Red Wine
- Baked Salmon with Lemon Dilly
- Stir-fry Cabbages, Carrot and Eggs
- Baked Spaghetti with Ground Pork
Dessert:
- Old-fashioned Cupcakes with Chocolate frosting topped with shredded coconuts or mini chocolate chips.

I have asked Christy and family and Herjit and family to come for dinner as my "meals for moms" for them. The kids of course had a lot of fun, Ava was the only girl. After dinner, the kids played on the bouncy castle. It was such a hit. Even Eric jumped in with the kids.. hahaha
Baby Ashwin and baby cash were sooooo good. They were sleeping and then waking up, but not crying at all. Colin went over to Cash's babyseat and tried to "pat" Cash.
When everyone left, the family room looked like the tornado just left.. hahahaha but we had so much fun..
I won't be able to do this everyday though.. because I was sooooo tired.. hahaha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow the food looks so good.. since when did you learn gourmet cooking?? the friesssss... I wanna eat the friess!!