Friday, July 11, 2008

Nanny nanny nanny... hm..




Poor Colin was "eating" Ava's crayola today. His mouth was full of color. can you guess which color he "ate"????

Went to the nanny information session meetup and learned quite a lot about the nanny industry in Vancouver. I went with Sharon and Laura (plus lil Andre). Tracey was there also with her "Sangria".. hahahahahahaha.. long story.. :)
I brought my blackberry wine I got from the Westham island. Angela made her "chocolate turtle squares". So yummy...

Anyway, we have reps from "Nanny On Call" and "Not Just Nannies" who came and talked about their company and what services they provide. Nanny On Call have temp and full time. For hourly rate is around 18 dollar/hour with a minimum of 3 hours.

Not Just Nannies don't have the hourly (they can try and find if you need it, but not preferred). They do placement for full time and part-time.
It's amazing that a lot of the nannies are from England. Some from Australia. They also have Canadians. Some will do laundry and cook for you. The whole thing reminded me of that movie "the nanny's diaries" (I think this is what it's called, by Scarlett Johannsen).

I think my highlight was playing the "snapping of camera" with Tracey.. wahahaha
I got a bunch of pictures of Tracey in some weird faces. I'm still thinking if I want to post them or not.. wahahahahaha.. maybe if "someone" buys me some cakes, I'd consider NOT putting them online.. wahahahahahaha.. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you are blackmailing me by blog!! I have pictures of you too and I will post them right on Meetup where everyone will see them!