Sunday, July 27, 2008

BBQ






Went to Costco this morning and got some beef. Simon was really "fired up" on this whole grilling thing. But I kept laughing at him because he has the ingredients (or food), he has the utensils, but he has NO GRILL.

Oh, I forgot to say, Simon got a speeding ticket yesterday when we were thinking of going to Costco after dinner. That cop basically killed our mood to go to Costco afterwards so we went home. Cop said Simon was going 80 on a 50 street. We tested it today, and it was NOT TRUE. At most, he was going 60, but no way he was going 80. Especially we passed that cop already and there's no way Simon would speed after seeing that cop, and there's no way that I didn't nag him if he sped up after seeing that cop.. So Simon will probably dispute that ticket.

Anyhoo, we got the kids to nap and Simon left again for his "BBQ GRILL" searching expedition. He already asked me to call Sharon and family and told them to come for BBQ. I told Sharon we didn't have the grill so don't expect too much. hahahahaha

While he was gone, I tried to take a nap and I kept hearing Ava's singing voices. Then when I almost fell asleep, Colin cried. So, I HAD to go and get him, and on my way to his room, I caught a whiff of shitty smell. :) yeap, she pooped and placed the poop on her pooh chair. She must have thought it looked decorative that way. I almost blew up, but I calmed down. She is afterall only 2 1/2 years old. So, I went and got Colin changed and then went to her room. She was sleeping on the floor with her naked butt sticking up. When I went in, she woke up. I told her AGAIN for the n-th time that it's not nice to play with poops. Poops are not for smearing on the door or walls. Poops are stinky, and princesses don't play with poops. etc etc etc...

Got both down and gave them milk. Simon then, came home with his new toy. A Centro BBQ GRILL. Tracey has a Centro and it has been good so far. Knowing Simon who doesn't read manual while assembling, I went and helped him. I basically assembled the whole thing. He only helped in holding things up and screwing... (not that kind..) hahahahahaha
Finally, the grill was up and ready to be fired up. My neighbour was there to help watch Ava and Colin while we're screwing (hahahahaha I'm loving this "word game").. hahahaha

So, Simon already marinated the beef before he went out, and then he chopped the watermelon, washed the strawberries, chopped the corns and got the sausages out. Sharon came with some drinks and a huge organic zuccini (Stephen's mom planted it). Chopped the zuccini and prepared the fish balls and pork balls, and FIRED UP the GRILL... YOOOHOO.. :)

All and all, it was a great day. Colin was crying quite a lot though because I put him to bed.
Ava was going crazy and was getting very high at the end. But the steak was sooooooo good. They were so juicy and tender and melted in your mouth. Yummy!!!

Now I'm updating my blog and knowing that Tracey's waiting for it.. it's so funny because I updated one blog and I received a comment right away. hahahahahaha
You crack me up Tracey!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up too... which is why I waited up for all the updates, well that and Jeff just walked in the door. Nice BBQ. Looks like a fancy model~very stylish.

Sharon said...

Thank you guys for the BBQ and the company. It was so delicious. It was also Annabelle's first BBQ meal and she loves it. Finally, she is starting to play with other kids. Thanks, Ava sis.