


Simon and Huilee had been RAVING about Harvey's at the Home Depot, so we decided to go there for lunch today. It was pretty good. The burger was of course better than McD. However, I think the fries was ok. Not bad, but didn't really go beyond McD.
Went out alone for my grocery therapy. I needed to go out by myself to get my head cleared sometimes. Got a bunch of grocery at Empire Supermarket and went home.
I planned to cook from the recipe I read from "Japanese Women Don't Get Fat or Old". There's this recipe that the author's mom made called the Super Scrambled Eggs and Ground Beef a.k.a Iri Iri Pan Pan.
Here's the ingredients:
Super Scrambled Eggs
1 TBS canola oil or rice bran oil (I just used regular vegetables oil)
6 large eggs
2 TBS granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
Super Scrambled Ground Beef ( substituted by ground pork)
1 TBS canola oil or rice bran oil (again, used veg oil)
1 lb finely ground extra lean ground pork ( i used 2 lbs)
2 TBS sake ( i used 4 TBS)
1 TBS sugar ( i used 2 TBS)
1 TBS soy sauce ( i used 2 TBS)
Pinch of salt
Heat oil in saucepan. Add the eggs and sugar to saucepan, bring heat to medium, and scramble the eggs with wooden fork or whisk for 2 min. When eggs started to harden, add salt. Continue to scramble until the eggs are just cooked and in very small pieces. Add cilantro or parsley or green onions (whichever you like because I added this myself, it's not in the recipe). Remove eggs from pan and set aside.
I marinated the pork first with the sake, sugar and soy sauce. I thought the recipe was kind bland, so I added the following: I added lemon zests into the marinate.
Heat oil in saucepan. Add the marinated pork and kept stirring using a fork or spoon in constant motion so that it never clumps until cooked through. I added chopped parsley/cilantro and tomatoes for colors. Remove from pan and set aside.
I also cooked "Daikons and Carrots Soup". Served Iri Iri Pan Pan with rice and accompany with green tea.
Yesterday, Colin fell and smacked his face onto the hardwood floor. We can finally see the bruise today. I took some pictures and it's on his left cheek. Poor baby. It seemed like he always banged his head everywhere he went. He kinda banged his head to Ava's closet also today and then I caught him licking the floor tiles near the breakfast nook. Yuck!!!!!
I think Colin needs a HELMET!!!
1 comment:
He's a boy so he will only be covered in bruises every day for the rest of his life!
Post a Comment