Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pumpkin Patch







Today Ava's preschool had a field trip to the Richmond Country Farm's Pumpkin Patch. We got there at 9:15am and there were people waiting already. I've never been to this patch before so I was kinda excited. But I also had Colin with me so I knew it was going to be a long, tiring morning. Ava was really excited and one of the teacher put on a yellow mesh vest on her. Luckily we both wore our boots because it was quite muddy. I was wearing my leather boots and the whole time I was thinking that I HAD to get me one of those plastic rainboots. So, we started the field trip with a ride on a red wagon. We're singing "You're my sunshine" on our way to the patch. She kept pointing out that we're riding a tractor (the wagon was pulled by a tractor).

Then, at the patch, we got to pick 2 pumpkins. Ava wanted baby pumpkins, so I asked her to choose the pumpkins. There were a couple that she chose and I said it's not good, so then when I pointed one pumpkin to her .. she told me "it's not good".. HAHAHAHAHAHA
We finally chose 2 pumpkins and boy, were they heavy. Luckily one of the moms helped me carry one, then one of the teacher took it from her.. :)
We were going to go into the corn maze, but it was too muddy, so we didn't go. We rode our wagon back to the entrance and then watched Korny Cob and Polly Pumpkin dance to the band. It was pretty fun. Colin was dancing away in his bjorn. Ava and I got 1 apple each after the pumpkin picking. It was fun fun fun.. :) After dancing for awhile, I gave up because I felt like my back was going to break carrying Colin. So, we said goodbyes and went home.

I had such a bad headache today so after feeding the kids.. I laid on the couch and fell asleep. I didn't woke up until 3:30pm however, my headache didn't go away. After changing the kids, my neighbour called and asked if I want to go outside with the kids, so I went. It's been awhile since I chatted with my neighbours.

Since today's my bad headday, i didn't cook.. McDonalds came for dinner. HAHAHAHA

No comments: