Friday, January 23, 2009

Fireman and Great Lunch



Weather: FREEZING COLD

Notably event: Firehouse Mission and Jeff's Birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!)

Ava, Colin and I went to Garry Point Park for our Firehouse Mission: Habitat for Humanity meetup. The mission is to assist the Richmond Fire Department with their journey for Habitat for Humanity in El Salvador. What we did is bringing some gently used toys or books and donating them to the FD so they can bring them to the children in the community they'll be working on in El Salvador. What a great cause!!!! We brought some books and toys that Ava and Colin were not playing with anymore and it just felt so great to do that. We took some pictures with the firetruck and the kids were pretty ok for 30 min. After that, Ava was screaming that she wanted to go home and Colin was wriggling in his stroller and asking me to feed him (which I did before we left for this event and during the event). He ate so much and he still wanted more.

Ava got a little red firetruck as a treat and she also ate a muffin (well.. half a muffin). Since she was screaming and annoying me so very much, we decided to leave. I had planned that I'd take her to Blue Canoe for lunch because I was craving the yam fries. So I asked her nicely after I strapped her back in her car if she'd like to eat fries. She said yes and I said if she promised NOT to cry, then we'd go and get some fries. She stopped crying and then said "Mommy, I no cry". Good.


Then, I maneuvered the car out of the park towards the restaurant. When we got there, I saw that Colin was sleeping already. So I carefully put him in the stroller and he didn't stir. That's good. We got in, and were seated. Right away, a guy (the manager?) brought us 2 children books for Ava and she got so excited and started browsing them. Colin's still sleeping. I quickly ordered a fish and chips for Ava and yam fries for myself. The waiter was saying that they have a great lobster salad and I just ordered it on impulse. I was glad and content to be able to go out and eat with the kids by myself. I wanted to shout "it's do-able" to Simon. Ava and I had fun eating and cuddling at the same time. When we're almost done, Colin woke up. I quickly got the check and then asked Ava to eat faster. She said "O..Kay" in her deviant voice. But the main thing was " WE DID IT".. "I DID IT". I was happy and then we went home for more naps.. Yipee!!!!

Movie of the night: Slumdog Millionaire (very nice movie.. it's an indian movie)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The food looks good... I love fries.. ;( bad for my diet..