Saturday, January 17, 2009

Creative Kids and Date Night




This morning Ava went to West Richmond CC for her Creative kids class. I told her she's going to go painting and she was so excited. She loves to paint or draw. We got to the class and I told her that I'd come back to pick her up (I was sitting downstair and reading my book), and she couldn't wait to get rid of me so she can start her painting.

She actually didn't paint but she did make a "boat" and a hat. I forgot to take pictures. She had so much fun and when i asked if she wanted to go back to that class again, she said "YES".

The day I was waiting for finally arrived. Simon and I were going to go dine out this year. We have reserved "William Tell Restaurant" (since West Restaurant was fully booked already.. haha). HL and J babysat for us. We put the kids to bed first before we left. I was wired. I wanted so much to finally have a date night for the longest time.. hahaha

Here's my menu:
Appetizers: French Escargot Ragout
escargots sauteed in shallots, herbs and brandy, finished in a garlic cream sauce served over puff pastry
Entree: Duo of Fraser Valley Duck
Seared Fraser Valley Wenzel duck breast and confit of boneless duck leg topped with a tarragon jus. Served with white bean and bacon cassoulet and seasonal vegetables
Dessert: Meringue Glacee au Chocolate
A favourite for over 40 years at the William Tell Restaurant. Our own vanilla ice cream between crisp meringues and topped with whip cream and warm chocolate sauce.

I also had a glass of Shiraz. Simon ordered a Filet Mignon and a Pinot Gris. Overall, our dinner was great. The restaurant's atmosphere was nice. I was just glad to be able to enjoy an adult dinner.

When we got home, both kids were up because apparently Ava pooped and slept on the floor near her door with her buttock sticking up high and HL went to change her. She cried and caused Colin to wake up and cry also. By the time we got back.. both were crying. I went ahead and tried to make Colin go back to sleep, but he was just too energized by then. I changed position with Simon, so I went and calmed Ava back to sleep while he dealt with Colin.

Crisis finally solved. Ava went back to sleep, and Colin cried himself to sleep, and they live happily ever after... The End!!!

3 comments:

rene said...

Good for you guys!

Anonymous said...

so good that you have someone to babysat for you.
it feels like forever that Des and I haven't been dating.
we had to cancel 2 reservations :(

Anonymous said...

About time!! First date since Colin...hmmph...first date since FOREVER.....as long as I have known you anyway