Ava's sick. Last night around 11:30pm, I heard her whining and I thought it was her usual tantrum of "I can't sleep", so i ignored her. Then, Simon passed her room from the office and saw that she actually threw up. (man.. I felt sooo bad!!!). So we changed her and her sheet and put her back to bed. At around 1:30am, I heard her voice again. Then, I went to check on her and lo behold, she threw up again. So, I changed her and then took her to our room to sleep with us. She was so weak. I told her to let me know if she wanted to throw up again, and she said so sweetly and obediently, "yes, momma". I felt so bad for her because I knew she must have felt really bad.
I could hear and feel her tossing and turning. She was trying to find the best position to sleep and she was probably still feeling that she would throw up again. After awhile, I was half asleep while was very aware of what she's doing. She sat up, and then told me.. "mama, tu, tu" (meaning have to puke in mandarin)... so I held up the trash can I had readied beside my bed and told her to let it go. She tried and tried, but nothing came out. So, we went back to try to sleep again. After awhile, she sat up again and said the same thing. I held the trash can to her and she did throw up, but instead of food this time, it's more like bile now since I believed she didn't have anything in her stomach anymore. I felt so bad for her again. But after this time, she fell asleep. Both of us were sleeping till 8am.
We're supposed to go to Herjit's house today for a playdate. I called Herjit and told her what happened. We couldn't go. I wanted to bake banana muffins but b/c of this, I don't think I should because she might want to have a bite while she couldn't.
Now she's having her liquid diet and also ate 2 spoonful of white porridge. She had one banana and that's about it. I took her to the doctor and she confirmed that it's stomach flu. Ava'd just have to ride the flu out. Nothing much we can do. Hopefully she'll be better soon.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh dear! stomach flu is no fun at all. poor xuan! get well soon~
hope she'll feel better soon :(
Post a Comment