Saturday, April 18, 2009

Seattle Trip - Day 1 - Pike Place Market


Left home around 7:30am, when we arrived at the border, there were a lot of cars already and the lines were pretty long. We're stopped for inspection (agriculture type.. maybe we looked like ppl who might smuggle fruits and plants to US... haha). When we finally got out, it was around 9:30 already and mom and dad's flight was supposed to land around 10:30am. We're afraid that we might be late, so I sms-ed mom and dad to let them know.


Finally got to the airport around 11am, and then we went to "Indo Cafe" Restaurant for some much missed Indonesian food. The food was pretty good. There were a lot of food we didn't get to try yet. Have to go back next time.



After lunch, we went for a stroll at the Pike Place Market. The last time I was here was a long long time ago... I think it was before I moved to Canada. It was fun to watch the people, the street performers and all the food and flowers there.


Then, for dinner we met up with the Cheungs at the "Crab Pot" restaurant for some buckets of seafood dinner. It was funny to watch all the adults wearing "bibs". Colin had some companies in the bib department that day. :)

Went back to our hotel afterwards. We booked the Red Lion Hotel (sounds like a grocery store chain.. The Food Lion.. hahaha). The outside of the hotel was not that great, but the inside, I must say, was pretty nice. Had to sleep early for the tulip festival tomorrow.

1 comment:

rene said...

wow this Indo Cafe sounds good, we have to try next time! Where is it?