Saturday, December 27, 2008

Another try at Xmas


Since we're not able to make it to Serene's on xmas day, she postponed the party for us and today's the day. We're so excited to go since the kids were better and the snow has stopped. We dressed nicely and warmly and all headed to the car. I also marinated my salmon and put in the trunk. When we open the garage door, we saw our neighbour, Mr. Sit, shovelling around his car that was stuck in front of our driveway. According to him, he had tried getting out 3 times and each times he failed. So, he was trying to dig his way back into his garage, but the road was just too icy for the car to move. He told us that he's pretty sure we won't be able to make it, but if we're brave enough to try, we could go ahead.... and we did. And.. we're stuck.

We couldn't even get out of our driveway. We're stuck in a limbo between the road and our driveway. Simon tried to shovel while I tried to drive. He finally told me to stop because I almost burned the tire. DANG IT!!!.. we've been stuck in the house for almost a week and now we still couldn't go out. We finally abandoned the little car outside (on the bottom of our driveway but cleared from the road). We walked back in and I had to call Serene and Sharon and told them the bad news. This xmas sucked!!!

1 comment:

rene said...

This crazy weather is to blame! Sorry you guys couldn't make it and got stuck on your driveway too! Thank you so much for trying to get here despite the weather! It was great to see you guys yesterday :) Thanks for the invite and the fantastic spread of food! Sorry we were all a little "blur and sleepy" yesterday! I crashed in bed at 8pm yesterday which is highly abnormal!