
I decided to try Serene's cassava cake. I bought all the ingredients already and started to mix. Instead of white sugar, I replaced it with the demerara sugar (sugar cane). I thought it might taste even better and at least healthier than white sugar. I didn't know if it was my oven or the sugar, but at 40 min, I peeked into the oven and still see some runny liquid in the middle of the baking dish. I decided to add 5 more minutes. It was still liquidy, so I called Serene panickly and asked her. After talking to her, I decided to put the cake inside longer, or at least until it doesn't seem as runny. I didn't remember for how long, but finally when I took the cake out it was not runny anymore, but the texture is not the same as Serene's cake. I think I failed the cassava cake test. No worries, I still have one more packet of the grated cassave, the next time, I'll try and use the white sugar and see if there's any difference. :)

Jane called around 1:30pm and asked if she can come over with her girls for playdate, and I asked her to come a bit later since Colin's still napping. Colin woke up around 2:30pm and I called Jane so she can come over. The girls (Jeanny and Steffi) went directly to the toys.. hahaha, kids!!! Jane and I started chatting, and she tried my cakes, the cupcakes and the cassava cake. She thinks the cassava cake was really good. (wuih!! thank god!!).

After awhile, we all went out to walk around the dyke thru Terra Nova park (Simon included). After they left, Simon fired up the BBQ while I fed the kids. We're eating steak dinner for two. My SHH#3 for today was that Simon did such a great job with the steak and the decoration. We even had red wine!!!! What a dinner!!! No occasion whatsoever!!! hahaha
On the side note, ever since Ava stopped napping, she seemed to be sleeping better at night. And also, she might have learned that now noone will come to her if she screams with no reason at night. She started screaming for 30 min before, then become less and less, such as, 20 min, 10 min, 7 min, and 5 min (we timed her).. and now, she just went to sleep after we put her in. WOoHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We did it!!!! We survived the ordeal of Miss Ava!!!!
Started on my creme brulee!!!
2 comments:
I wonder if it is because of the brown sugar? Looks good though! You are so amazing. Where do you find so much time? I want to be your neighbour!!
i can make you the cassava. chambar is having this dessert.
Post a Comment