Monday, December 10, 2007

The Differences


I have noticed some different treatment between Ava and Colin's baby period from Simon.
Here's the list of the things I've noticed:
  1. Ava was a very good baby, so she rarely cried or complained. As for Colin, he's a crier and he complains a lot, esp at night time. Simon used to rush to Ava's rescue whenever she made the slightest sound. But with Colin, he actually said, "Let him cry". His excuse: Because he's a boy, he needs to toughened up (he's not even 1 month old yet
  2. Simon used to help a lot with changing Ava's diaper or holding her at night whenever she cried. Now, Simon sleeps downstair. His excuse: He needs to work and look after Ava in the morning (I can accept this b/c Ava has been fussy ever since Colin's home)
  3. Simon used to hold Ava while he works and let me sleep. Simon rarely holds Colin.
Ok, those are the most obvious things that I can tell you. You'll be the judge.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Simon is being an " Old Chiese Donut " 老油條"
I hope my second baby will be easier to take carre since I think Annabelle is not an easy baby. And of course, I hope Stephen will be still helpful

Unknown said...

Maybe Simon is tired of taking care of new born?? like when you got your first new car.. you wash it often.. make sure there's no door ding.. etc.. but after buying the 2nd and 3rd car.. you kinda go.. ehhh.. the heck with it?

simon said...

Hahaha.. trying to paint me as a one-sided daddy, huh???? Hahaha.. I think it's hard to not love Ava more, she is too perfect in my mind. She do little things that make me laugh. She dance alot. She gives me alot of those smiles that just leave sweetness in my heart. So Colin will have to work really hard on those depts.... :-)

Unknown said...

HALLOO?? Colin is not yet 1 month old, and u expect him to be cute and do little dances for u? oh please, get real!! I guess Ava is indeed daddy's little girl... I feel bad for Colin tho!

Anonymous said...

I think it is a little easier to be comparing them....the first month is always hard (the first 5 months actually)!! Also, with Ava you were more comfortable in your own skin because you weren't having all your health issues so probably that is adding to the whole situation now....